December 4, 2018
A legendary series returns with a grand new adventure! Enjoy a colorful action-adventure game made alongside Ryuichi Nishizawa, creator of the original Wonder Boy in Monster World series.
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom borrows the best from the classic series to deliver a fresh, modern adventure with fun gameplay, memorable music and gorgeous hand drawn animations. Can Jin save Monster World Kingdom? Help our young hero defeat challenging enemies, discover hidden locations, upgrade powerful equipment, and more! You'll also unlock special forms with unique skills used to open new paths where mighty bosses and secret treasures await.
- Six awesome forms with unique combat and platforming abilities to make your adventure exciting from start to finish.
- Unlock new paths and secrets with special equipment: look for magic weapons and items that gradually open up the world.
- Over 15 hours of epic adventure: explore the new Monster World in a vast interconnected environment.
- Hand Drawn animations: characters and enemies come to life with detailed animations and fun facial expressions.
- Soundtrack from iconic Japanese composers: Yuzo Koshiro, Motoi Sakuraba, Michiru Yamane, Keiki Kobayashi and Takeshi Yanagawa.
- Switch: Full HD graphics at 60 fps: the game supports 1080p/60fps in TV mode and 720p/60fps in Nintendo Switch handheld mode.
- Switch: HD rumble support: feel the action with high performance HD rumble support.
- Xbox One and PlayStation 4: Full HD graphics at 60 fps
- Xbox One and PlayStation 4: Achievements and Trophies (incl. Platinum)
- PC: Achievements, Steam Trading Cards, UltraWide Monitor support, unlocked framerate
Monster Boy Switch Footage YouTube
Logo & Icon
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Monster Boy Homepage
Find out more about the game http://www.monsterboy.com.
Monster Boy Development Blog
Follow the development progress monsterboy.com.
About FDG Entertainment GmbH & Co. KG
Developer, Producer and Publisher of digital games. Platforms: Switch, Xbox Series, PlayStation, Stadia, iOS, Android, PC, Mac.
More information on FDG Entertainment GmbH & Co. KG, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Monster Boy Credits
Executive Producer, FDG Entertainment (Germany)
Co Producer, FDG Entertainment (Germany)
Consulting Game Designer, Director (Japan)
Studio Director, Game Atelier (France)
Lead Programmer, Game Atelier (France)
Programmer, Game Atelier (France)
Level Designer, Game Atelier (France)
FMV Animation Director, Animator
FMV Art Director
Business & Legal, FDG Entertainment (Germany)
QA Lead, FDG Entertainment (Germany)