iOS: April, 2013
Android: March, 2015
THE WORLD’S FIRST ENDLESS ACTION RPG! Slayin will test your skills like no other endless game on the App Store. Don’t get yourself fooled by its charming retro graphics and motivating chiptune soundtrack. In this game, death lurks behind every corner! Your task sounds all so simple. First choose from one of six heroes. Then slay as many monsters as possible, while leveling up and getting more powerful equipment and spells along the way. But there’s a catch: once you die, you’re gone for good!
Slayin had its humble roots as a Flash game back in 2011. Due to its adicting gameplay, carefully crafted balance and lovable art style it quickly became a popular tile in the indie game scene. Mid 2012 the one man team at Pixel Licker joined forces with FDG to expand Slayin into the iOS smash hit it now is. The initial release in 2013 expanded on everything that made the original Flash game so great, by adding new levels, bosses and music just to name a few. After it was selected as best of App Store 2013 by Apple, the game received a mayor 2.0 update in January 2014. It was the first game to get an "editor’s choice" for an update on the App Store. Version 2.0 added three completely new characters doubling the count to six. The update was very well received, even better than the hugely popular initial release. Since then Slayin is one of the App Store essentials that should not miss in any gamers library.
- World’s first endless action RPG
- Challenging and rewarding
- Pixel perfect retro graphics
- Chiptune soundtrack by Matt Creamer (Retro City Rampage)
- 6 unique playable classes: knight, wizard, knave, archer, tamer and ninja
Slayin Launch Trailer YouTube
Slayin for iOS - Update 2.0 Trailer ! YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- ""Best of 2013, App Store" " Apple, December, 2013
- ""148 Apps Editor's Choice"" 148 Apps, April 5th, 2013
- ""This is one game that'll see so much play on your device that you'll be blowing the dust out of its metaphorical cartridge slot.""
- Eli Cymet , Touch Arcade
- ""Superb: A hallmark of excellence.""
- Chris Carter, Destructoid
- ""It’s simple yet clever, extremely fun and addictive. Buy it!""
- Carter Dotson, 148Apps
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Slayin - Original Soundtrack by Norrin_Rad (Matt Creamer)
Available for free from mattcreameraudio.bandcamp.com.
About FDG Entertainment GmbH & Co. KG
Producer and Publisher of Download Games. Platforms: iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Xbox Live, Wii, PC, Mac, Playstation Network
More information on FDG Entertainment GmbH & Co. KG, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Project Manager, FDG Entertainment
Thomas "Reggie" Schreiber
Gamedesign, Programming and Art, Pixel Licker
QA Manager, FDG Entertainment